Tuesday 26 October 2010

Cutest Tags

I so enjoyed making "fat birds" this summer and have used them on so many projects, that this Christmas I decided we definately needed a bird. Simply find a template that suits your style and make lots of bird bodies. I inked him and then stamped some flourishes and some script along the botton. Next I hand-drew a wing (several times till I got it right...don't panic if you make a few!), which I then cut out of another Christmas paper. I then punched a small 1" circle and sewed a pretty festive button on with glitter thread (in the workshops we referred to this thread as "swearing string" as it was awful to get through the button without fraying!!!). I then popped this button circle onto the wing, which glues onto the bird. Perhaps try making lots of bodies, lots of wings and lots of button circles and then put them together, its quite fun not to choose papers as you go as you seem to get more diverse designs when you make them a bit more randomly.

On the reverse of the bird, I simply stamped a blank frame so that I can write a message inside. I also think they would look gorgeous hanging from the tree, or hung in a window to welcome people to your house.

Have fun!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...